Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Of Pure Beauty

And I'm back! Here's the sequel of my previous post and as promised, I will be giving the full review of 2 Pure Beauty products that I purchased recently. As mentioned in my Korean makeup haul, I really wanna give Korean products a try and see how it works on me.


Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Water


Let me start with the cleansing water. I already emptied my Sephora and Maybelline bottles of makeup remover. I decided to try out a new brand and one of the things that really caught my eye were the Pure Beauty makeup removers. I was actually torned between the cleansing oil and water. But since I have sensitive and combination skin, I decided to get the cleansing water instead (the pump is screaming SENSITIVE SKIN).


I like the bottle and the colors of the packaging. Simple and clean. Looks pure actually. :D It comes with a lock that I thinks is very functional, to keep the pump secured from dripping.The consistency is indeed watery and crystal clear. However, the scent is noticeable. I'm not that sensitive with scents so I can deal with it. What I would do is use a cotton pad, pump 2-3 times, then rest it on my eyes for around 10 seconds. After which, I remove the pad in a wiping motion. And take off the rest of the liner or mascara with the same pad.
To give you a clearer picture, here I have my arm with pencil and gel liner (dried out for around 5 minutes). I did 1 pump on the area and massaged it with my fingers.
As you can see, the formula started to dilute the liners. But there were a few marks left on my skin. (Gel liner was pretty tough huh?)
To fully remove it, I washed my skin with water.
And voila! It's all gone! Here's my 2 cents:


PROs:
1. Effectively removes the toughest of mascaras or liners
2. Formula is not oily
3. Very affordable for that much product (retails at Php119)
4. I like the scent (this is a personal preference and may not be the same for people sensitive with scents)
5. The packaging, especially the lock


CONs:
1. It stings my eyes (I cry buckets whenever it does)
2. Formula is too strong that it broke me out


Overall rating: 4 out of 5


I haven't really tried other cleansing water but so far this works for me. However, since this breaks me out, I now use it for my eyes only. Whenever I wash my face with the product on, I use my facial wash and not just water. I try to wash off all of the product to avoid break outs. How ironic that it's for people with sensitive skin.


Will I repurchase it? Maybe. I actually want to try out the cleansing oil from the same brand.


HANDY TIPS:
1. Use cotton pads when using cleansing water to save more of the product.
2. Let the cotton pad rest on your eyes for a few seconds to melt the gunk.
3. Wash the product right away. You don't want to keep the product with the diluted makeup for long.
4. For mascara and liners stuck in between your lashes, use cotton tips for gentler application.
5. Tone to remove the makeup left on your face.
6. And finally, never forget to moisturize after.


I know a lot of us ladies tend to be lazy on removing our makeup. But remember, science made it now easier for us to take it off. Cleansers like that of Pure Beauty is a product that you can rely on.


Pure Beauty Bon Voyage Essential Eye Cream


Now, on to the next product that I purchased from Pure Beauty. Everytime I remove makeup on my eyes, I have noticed that my lids look very dry and unhealthy. I was quite alarmed because I don't my eyes to develop fine lines. WIth that, I thought that I should start using eye creams cause prevention is better than cure. And because I am stll in the search for the best eye cream yet, I looked for travel sizes just to test it. When I found Pure Beauty's Bon Voyage Essential Eye Cream, I knew I have to get it. And so I did.
The packaging looks like a big sachet that comes with a resealable tube. Another smart packaging! It really is a Bon Voyage!
The actual product is in cream form but I noticed that it doesn't spread evenly.
Can you see the small clusters?
But after a few strokes, the product looks more even.


PROs:
1. Affordable
2. Packaging is very ideal for traveling
3. I love the smell! Smells like roses! :D
4. Feels lightweight
5. Doesn't make my lids oily
6. Affordable


CONs:
1. Not as creamy
2. Will take a while to spread it evenly
3. Lacks moisturizing elements


Overall: 3 out of 5


I am not even sur eif it did worked for me. I didn't really notice any significant changes after using this product. And yeah, I've been using it 2x a day. So I'm not sure if I'm buying this again after I run out of it.


I don't know much about eye creams but then again, I don't want to spend a fortune just to try out other brands. So I wanna ask if you guys know of any other eye creams that worked effectively on you. Please comment it down below and we'll see if I can try it out.


That ends my Pure Beauty haul review and I hope this was another helpful post.


Comments? Suggestions? List them down below. :)


Follow me on Twitter and GFC.

4 comments:

  1. looks really smooth and nice :) the packaging is really cute xx
    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I am liking the Pure Beauty Cleansing Oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Jes! I think i'm gonna try it out. :)

      Delete