I already convinced myself to find a translucent powder since it's very versatile. (Don't we have those times when our skin tone changes every 3-4 months, especially after hitting the beach.) It can match any skin tone, only if you're using the good one.
I was in Rustan's Glorietta when I was torn between MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. I am a MAC fan but I dunno what pushed me to try Laura Mercier. There were actually 2 types of setting powder that they were selling. One is the Invisible Loose Setting Powder and the other is the Translucent one. The MUA at the Laura Mercier counter said that I just choose the latter cause it's their best seller, and it's tried & tested.
I hope you can notice the difference. As you can see, the color of the foundation didn't change after application. However, my face now has a smooth and matte finish. Take a closer look to my under eyes. :)
1. Fine fine powder
2. Keeps your face matte and silky smooth without looking cake-y
3. 29g of product in a jar
4. A little goes a long way
5. It's locally available. *high five*
6. Will suit any skin tone
1. A bit pricey (Php 1,750 : but then again, that's 29g of quality powder)
Overall: 5 out 5
This stuff deserves a perfect 5. I love using this especially when setting my under eye concealer to prevent it from creasing.
1. After applying your liquid or cream foundation, wait for a few minutes before setting it to let the foundation stay in your skin.
2. To avoid the foundation from moving when applying the setting powder, do a dabbing motion with your powder brush then buff it for a more even finish.
3. During buffing, try to avoid the under eyes to keep the under eye concealer in place the whole day.
Have you tried Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder? What do you think of the product?
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and GFC to get beauty updates from me.