Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Milestone For Makeup by Glacey (MBG): Makeup School (Day 1)

As you all know, I am a makeup junkie and freelance MUA. But the truth is, I have no formal education in makeup artistry. It's been the greatest dream of mine to go to makeup school and be a professional MUA. However, I also value my education that my family worked hard for. We all know that studying in Ateneo is quite expensive and I don't want to waste all the things I've learned. Honestly, my degree feeds me and sustains my daily needs & wants. Aside from that, tuition fee for a good makeup school is no joke, even the materials you need can be very expensive.

I believe that it's only myself who can make my dream happen. I don't have to get there right away (Yup, I'm not quitting my corporate job). I'm willing to do baby steps just to reach what I've been dreaming of. That's the reason why I already started freelancing 2 years ago. I tried to practice, practice and practice. This beauty blog is also a product of my dream. It's an outlet for me to freely share what I know even if I'm not a certified MUA.

Click 'Read more >>' to know more about my first day at makeup school.
Finally, God gave me the chance to fulfill it. Yes ladies, I just recently enrolled myself at Maquillage Professionel - School of Makeup Artistry. The classes are facilitated by MUAs trained at Make Up For Ever Academy and the materials used are also MUFE products. I knew I had to choose Maquillage Professionel because of the great reviews I heard from other MUAs. Aside from that, they provide all the materials you'll be in needing in class without shedding additional bucks.


Our classroom with individual stations.

Free use of all MUFE products. I died!

Went to foundation heaven! I wanna have all of these!

DAY 1
Just like any school, first day is about introduction. Introduction about the school, teachers, classmates, course, etc. I got the chance to meet fellow makeup enthusiasts. It's just nice to see the diversity of the students and know the different reasons on why they enrolled for that course. At the same, it's also comforting to identify yourself to them.

Basically, this day's about base application (primer, corrector and foundation application) and learning the French methodology in applying your makeup. I am quite familiar with some of them but I also learned a lot of new things. Hooray! After 2 hours of lecture and demo, we had our first hands-on. I brought my friend Martha to be my model for the day (MP can also provide a model for a fee of Php250).

Here's Martha's before and after shot. I'm happy and satisfied with the result of my hands-on (covers base application only). I used MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation since her skin has minimal spots to cover. I didn't find Martha's perfect shade and I had to mix 2 shades to achieve the perfect color. I also used MUFE HD Microfinish Powder to set her under eyes just to make sure that it will stay put. Martha loved the lightweight feel of the foundation.


Observe how the redness and shine disappeared but still see the skin through the foundation. What do you think?

I enjoyed our first day so much that I decided to treat Martha and myself to Bar Dolci. For me, they have the best French macarons here in Manila. It's almost as good as Laduree.

The yummy macarons! (Php50/piece) Orange: Salted Caramel, Brown: Dark Chocolate (our favorite), Violet: Blueberry Cheesecake

Organic green tea!
Pretty Martha after modelling for my hands-on. Thank you! :)

This coming Saturday is my next session and I can't wait for it. Do watch out for my upcoming posts and updates. I am just ecstatic to realize that I am finally doing it. It's still a long shot from becoming a professional MUA but I'll get there one step at a time. ;)

By the way, since we're talking about MUA stuff, here's my online portfolio that you might want to check out. If you have special events and occasions, don't hesitate to contact me. :) http://glaceyloiz.carbonmade.com/

Do you have dreams that you've been wanting to achieve? Make it happen, little by little. Start it now. We only live once my dears. ;)

“Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance.” - Bruce Barton (1886-1967)

8 comments:

  1. How much is your tuition fee there and how many sessions? I'm thinking of enrolling during sembreak.

    I really love your blog! I hope you can make a youtube account so that I could watch you do makeup on models. Its one of the best advertising platform also. ^_^

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://youtube.com/missplpify
    http://missplpify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Regular price is Php30k for 13 sessions. :) Go go go!

      Thank you for reading my blog! I actually thought of it. We'll see. Hopefully I'll have the time to do video tutorials. ;)

      Delete
  2. Makeup school! How exciting! Book na kita for my maternity shoot in December? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoooo! congrats Glacey! dreams do come true. :D kudos to you for all the hard work. ;)looking forward to more posts, esp the ones on your next classes. :) btw if you need a face to paint on, i am willing! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Les! :D You're actually on my list Leslie! Wait for my text soon! ;)

      Delete
    2. WOW!! ang saya naman nito. =) actually, super interested nako sa make-up ngayon. Haha! now i understand why we have to use such ek (eyebrow ek, etc) hahaha! =) Good luck!

      Delete
    3. Haha! Nagiging kikay ka na rin! Thanks Krystl! :D

      Delete