Friday, September 7, 2012

Product Review: Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush

When I shop for clothes, I try to assess if it's multi-functional. Is it work appropriate but also reliable on any ordinary day? The truth is, we always want to get value for our money. Who doesn't? This thing also applies when I shop for makeup products. I'm always on the lookout for items that I can use more than 1 way.

Though matte blush is a staple to one's kit, it's always good to find a product that not only makes you looked flush but also highlights the apple of your cheeks. That's the main reason why I bought Bourjois Blush.

Bourjois is a French cosmetics company founded in the city of love, Paris. This brand is well-known for its baked beauty products, especially eyeshadows and blushes. It's a drugstore brand but the price range is a bit higher compared to Maybelline, Rimmel and Revlon. However, quality is also superb. A lot of makeup bloggers do use Bourjois products and highly recommend it.

I first encountered Bourjois in Europe back in 2006 but I didn't bother buying a product cause I found it a bit pricey. However, just last summer, Boots (a drugstore in Ireland) had a good deal. With no hesitation, I got this Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush to expand my blush collection. I can't exactly remember the price but I believe this was originally priced at €11 (around Php 580) but I got it €7 (Php 365). Quite a bargain right?


I got shade '16 Rose Coup de Foudre' (Translation: Love at First Sight). It was love it first sight indeed when I swatched it. The peachy pink shade with a bit of pearl sheen can truly compliment any skin tone. I also love the packaging. Compact but still super dainty. It even comes with small brush and mirror.

Here's a swatch of the product. The other product is Maybelline Fit Me, my contour powder.
It gives color to my cheeks but also highlights my cheekbones. :>

PROs:
1. Color payoff is great
2. Compact packaging (can fit your kit)
3. Love love love the smell (Seriously, it's smells like Paris)
4. It can work as a highlight and a blush
5. Fine Texture
6. Easy to blend
7. Would look good on any skin tone
8. So many shades to choose from

CONs:
1. Not locally available (I read that Bourjois is also distributed in HK, Singapore and Vietnam)
2. A bit pricey for a drug store brand

Overall: 4 out of 5

I love how natural it looks on my tan skin. I used this blush in my Simple Neutral Eye Tutorial.

This blush is an example of a product that is multitasking. It doesn't only give you a natural flush but also accentuates your cheekbones. I love the fact that it is so wearable and ideal for every day.

QUICK TIP:
For a more even application blush, use a stippling brush. Stippling brush gives a nice airbrush finish, blending the blush to your skin as if you're really blushing. It also makes the look softer and wearable.

There goes another product review. How I wish Bourjois is locally available for you to try it yourself. But if you (or someone you know) have an upcoming trip to Paris or countries I mentioned above, do check it out! Would you know a local online store selling Bourjois items? :)

What do you think of this blush? What's your favorite blush brand?

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and GFC!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm thanks for the review, will try it out some time. :)

    I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, maybe you can check it out :)

    http://iamaltainfante.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-first-ever-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete