Friday, February 24, 2012

Product Review: L.A. Colors Matte Lipsticks (Dupe Alert)

Here comes another lipstick review. Yeah yeah! I'm lipstick junkie! I just really think lipsticks can add an instant character to your look. You can wear different looks without the hassle of changing your eye makeup and just changing your lipstick.

Just like any makeup enthusiast, I love window shopping in the beauty section of department stores (since you get to see so many brands). It's not only therapeautic but also gives me new makeup finds. That's exactly what happened to me when I found these new L.A, Colors Rouge à Lèvres  Matte lipsticks. I am a bit familiar with L.A Colors, a drugstore brand from the US. But I think that they just recently occupied shelves in SM department stores.



I decided to buy 2 colors that I don't think I have in my collection yet. The packaging is simple but I the cap is very secured, which is a plus for me. Consistency of the lipstick itself is a bit creamy yet turns out matte after application.


Here are the swatches. Quite pigmented huh?

(L-R: L.A. Colors Matte Lipstick in Caramel Cream and Amethyst)


Let me start of with the more natural and wearable color. This shade is called Caramel Cream. Shade leans towards coral-ish/brown-ish tone.


I think this shade will look good anyone. As you can observe, it does look creamy and opaque. This is another go-to lipstick you can sport this summer.

The other shade is something more unusual. I've been meaning to buy a violet lipstick cause you know how much I fancy bold lipsticks. I did find one online, which is MAC Violetta but apparently, it's a limited edition shade. After learning that, I stopped my search and moved on. Well, better things really come unexpectedly. I found this LA Colors Lipstick in Amethyst, which I think is the closest dupe of MAC Violetta. I tried to contain my excitement when I saw it. Finally, I found the perfect violet liptsick.


I am definitely using this color for Spring. Simple brows, winged liner and mascara will look good with this lipstick.

PROs:
1. Color pay-off is uh-mazing
2. Cheap (Hello Php99.00)
3. Smells like marshmallow
4. Glides on smoothly


CONs:
1. Staying power is so-so
2. May dry your lips by the end of the day (I suggest you condition your lips before using this)

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Totally not the best lipstick out there but for the price, I think it's worth. Will I repurchase it? Yes, and wanna try out other colors too. :)

And another review ends. Thank you and I hope you found this helpful. Do check out the L.A. Colors shelves and you might find something interesting at a very affordable price. :)

Which was your favorite shade?


Comments? Suggestion? List them down below!


Follow me on Twitter and GFC. :)

13 comments:

  1. the peachy shade is so nice, i like how glossy it looks xx
    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. It's now in my everyday makeup bag. :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! :) I haven't seen it in SM though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have it in Market! Market! and Galleria. I got mine from SM Makati. :)

      Delete
  3. awesome! so curious with the violet one! i love how it's matte. you dont see violet mattes often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... seems promising... but i think i dont have the courage to wear the violet lippy. :)

    www.keezandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! You should try it out. I think the price won't hurt your pockets. ;)

      Delete
  5. Bought the Caramel Cream shade awhile ago! :)I am loving it! :D

    Gem
    http://gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Don't you just love the color? Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  6. I should try the violet one. I'd check LA colors at SM makati later. Thanks for the info.

    favecollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try the LA Colors lipstick! Ngayon kasi Ocean Breeze (https://www.goods.ph/la-colors-ocean-breeze-9828.html), ung ginagamit ko eye shadow naman sya pero hindi ko pa na try yung lipstick. Matagal din kasi akong hindi nag lilipstick kasi na tritrigger nya ung allergy ko sa lips T_T kaya sobrang kawawa ako. Thanks sis Glacey!

    ReplyDelete