Thursday, August 16, 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Natural Makeup for All Occasions

Are you going to a friend's wedding? A date? Your brunch party? And yet still clueless what makeup look to wear? This tutorial might help you solve your worries. I am calling this look the 'Natural Makeup for All Occasions'.

I often encounter girls who have a hard time prepping for special occasions but only want to look au naturale. I myself had that phase especially during small performances in the choir. I know makeup can be intimidating sometimes but having foolproof makeup look will help save the day.

I chose the color pink as it flatters all skin types. It's bright but still soft to look at. Well, that's the reason why girls love this color. Anyway, I won't make the introduction long. Let's proceed to our business.

TOOLS YOU NEED:
1. Eye Primer
2. Matte Nude Eyeshadow (preferably same color as your skintone)
3. Matte Brown Eyeshadow
4. Matte/Satin Pink Eyeshadow
5. Metallic/Satin Champagne Eyeshadow
6. 1 Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush
7. 1 Small Blending brush/Pencil brush
8. 1 Fluffy Blending Brush
9. Liquid Eyeliner
10. Mascara

Step 1:
As usual, I already did my face routine prior to this tutorial. Apply an ample amount of eye primer and put the matte nude eyeshadow to mattify the lids. This will also ensure that the colors will look more vibrant.


Step 2:
Get your brown eyeshadow and apply it on the crease area using your fluffy blending brush. This will create an illusion of deeper crease.


Step 3:
Now it's time to add color by applying the pink eyeshadow on the same area and blending it outwards. You can choose to use the same brush in Step 2 but I prefer using a new one to get the true color of the eyeshadow.


Step 4:
To make the eyes pop, use the champagne eyeshadow to your lid area. Notice how the eye makeup looks more alive.


Step 5:
Since we want to emphasize our crease, apply a chocolate brown eyeshadow on the outer V of your eyes. A pencil eye brush will ensure a more precise application.


Step 6:
To add more radiance to the look, highlight your brow bone and inner corner of your lids using the champagne eyeshadow.


Step 7:
Line the outer 2/3 of your lower lash line with the pink eyeshadow. Apply the chocolate brown eyeshadow on the outer 1/3 of your eyes. Lastly, apply the champagne eyeshadow on the inner 1/3.


Step 8:
Finish the look with black eyeliner, mascara and white eyeliner on you waterline.


Since this is a more natural makeup look, I used pink on my cheeks and coral on my lips. Fair skinned ladies can use pink lipstick or any natural shade of lipstick. I don't recommend using nude lipstick cause it will make you look sickly. We want a radiant and blooming look instead right?


Now you're all set for a garden wedding. You're now confident to face your date, and you're ready to look your best with your girl friends.

PRODUCTS USED:

Face:
- Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in Rich Ginger
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer in Medium
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 355 (contour powder)
- Bobbi Brown Blush in Desert Rose
- Bourjois Blush in Rose

Brows:
- Essence Eyebrow Designer in Brown
- In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour
- MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy

Eyes:
- ELF Eyelid Primer
- Sephora Makeup Studio Blockbuster
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Maybelline Hypersharp Liner
- Essence - Multi-Action Mascara-Smokey Eyes
- NYX Eyeliner in White

Lips:
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Rosy Lips
- Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Buff
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Peach Petal

That ends another tutorial for the week. I actually enjoyed doing this look cause I know it would look good on anyone. :)

I hope you learned new things again from this post. Again, don't forget to join my blog giveaway.

Have a loooooong weekend everyone!

Ciao!

Follow me on Twitter, GFC and Instagram


3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial...<3 i will try this look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read this article.I think this will useful and informative topic for everyone.This is such a nice post.I have been impressed by the unique content.I loved your post and got some good ideas for it.

    ReplyDelete