Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Product Review: ELF Beauty Book Smokey Eye Palette

Here comes another product review to read! You have seen how I used ELF Smokey Eye Palette in my recent tutorial. Now it's time to give my full review of this palette.

I got this palette as gift from ELF Cosmetics Philippines. I've never actually owned any ELF palette before that's why I was very excited to try out this product.


This beauty book comes in a booklet (duh! Kaya nga book eh) packaging and secured by a thin garter. It comes with 6 eyeshadows, 1 eyelid primer, 1 eyeshadow brush and 1 eye liner. There's also a mirror inside, perfect for traveling.


However, I will only be reviewing the eyeshadows for this particular blogpost. I'm saving another post for the primer.

The 6 eyeshadows in the palette are ideal for creating a smokey eye look. You have everything you need, from lid wash, crease color and even highlighter.

For the price, this palette is actually good. Not all colors are as pigmented as others but decent enough to use. That's why it comes with a primer to bring out the pigment of each shadow.


I find that shades #3, #4 and #5 are the more pigmented ones. #1 and #2 on the other hand are perfect for highlighting. Shade #6 is a metallic black with blue and silver specks.


The only thing to hate about this palette is the fall out since metallic eye shadows are prone to this.


Don't be limited by the name of this palette. You can actually create more natural looks using shades #1-#4. Just choose the right colors and you're good to go. :)

PROs:
1. Very affordable (Around P395)
2. Packing is very convenient and eco-friendly
3. Quality is not that bad
4. Pigmentation is good especially with primer
5. Locally available

CONs:
1. Fall outs
2. No matte colors

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Probably not cause I still have a lot of palettes but this is highly recommended. :)

Like I said, purple and violet hues suit all types of skin tone, which means anyone can use this. If you like smokey eye look but you don't have the budget for individual eyeshadow, this will suit you.

<CLICK THIS PHOTO FOR THE TUTORIAL>

I actually want to try out other beauty book variants but like I said, I don't need it right now.

But, YOU have the chance to own one....FOR FREE! Just join my ongoing giveaway. This beauty book is even better cause you'll get 12 eyeshadows in one palette.

<CLICK THIS PHOTO FOR THE GIVEAWAY>

That ends another product review. A long weekend is coming so why not try out this look? :)

Au revoir!

Follow me on Twitter, GFC and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment