A close friend of mine who's back into performing asked for my help on makeup shopping. This is not a first time for me to do this. I've done it with other friends but this is the first time that I'll be blogging about it.
The reason why I love personal makeup shopping is the challenge of buying ALL the things the person needs given the limited budget. Well, you're lucky enough if your friend/client has no budget limit. :))
Chrissie needs the following things:
2. Black Eye Pencil
3. Face Brush
4. Blending Brush
5. Eye Primer
6. Black Mascara
7. Makeup Remover
Chrissie has combination-oily skin with a yellow undertone. Basically, the things she needs to buy will be used in her upcoming concerts. I decided that we do the makeup shopping in SM Megamall and Shangri-la Mall to have access to both department store and high-end brands. Since we only have 1-2 hours for this activity, I already asked for the shopping list before hand and thought of brands that we can visit. After a fun 1.5 hours of shopping, here's our haul:
Clicl 'Read More' to see why I chose these products✓ Concealer: K-Palette Zero Kuma Concealer (01 Natural Beige)
- This concealer is ideal for ladies with dark and dry under eye circles. It's now Chrissie's HG concealer!
✓ Black Eye Pencil: In2It Waterproof Gel Liner (01 Very Black)
- I've been hearing people rave about this product and it really lasts for so many hours. I tested this before and it works! For Chrissie who has mono lids and oily lids, this product will let her not worry about smudging. I've been wanting to buy this product but I still have a lot of eyeliners in my kit. Probably next time!
✓ Face Brush: Charm Retractable Kabuki Brush
- Chrissie has a very small kit so I thought of something that's more potable for her. She also requested for uber soft bristles that won't hurt her pores. With that in mind, I knew I had to buy her this Charm brush.
X Blending Brush:
- We were about to buy the Vegan Blending Brush of Charm. Unfortunately it's out of stock.
✓ Eye Primer: MAC Paint Pot (Painterly)
- This was the biggest splurge that day but I also think that this is something that she really needs. Like I said, Chrissie has oily lids and she has to have a primer that will make her eyeshadow pop and last long.
✓ Black Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara (Blackest Black)
- Maybelline has the best mascaras and this particular product will definitely add volume and length to your lashes.
✓ Makeup Remover: Etude House Lip & Eye Makeup Remover
- I've read that this product doesn't sting and can remove the most stubborn eye products.
✓ Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (Red Revival)
- I chose a color that will pop on stage especially when the lights are very harsh. Another thing I like about this product is the moisturizing ingredients. I am in love with this product's consistency. Good job Maybelline!
It was a successful shopping trip! We got almost everything we need except the blending brush. Maybe we'll have to go back for that. I love love love personal makeup shopping! It's just nice to share your knowledge of makeup to someone. After that tiring yet enjoyable experience, we rewarded ourselves with a sumptuous lunch at Yabu!
In case you need a personal makeup shopper, don't hesitate to contact me. Haha!
Again, don't forget t check out my GIVEAWAY and get the chance to win a makeup loot from ELF!
In case you're interested to know my personal makeup collection, check out my recent haul from Europe and products inside my very own Kikay Kit!
Follow me on Twitter, GFC and Instagram.