Alright! Do you now understand what's gonna happen? Then let's proceed. :)
Today, I will be featuring my very 1st makeup buddy(aside from my sister, of course). She's one of my closest friends in the Ateneo College Glee Club because of the many interests we share, and one of which is MAKEUP. That person is no less than, Issa Juni! For those who do not know her, Issa is currently studying in Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health (ASMPH). Later on, you'll see how the things in her makeup kit become handy despite her very busy schedule.
I love Issa's makeup collection! She's fun and fearless when it comes to trying out colors, specifically for the eyes. But for today, I'll just feature the things that she brings with her to school.
Let's start off with her makeup bag!
Question no. 1: What's your kikay kit and where did you get it?
"Lancome, I don't remember i think it was given to me by an Aunt"
Don't you just love the color? The size of the bag is just an average makeup kit but wait until you see all things it can fit in. Now, let's see what's inside the kikay kit:
Question no. 2: What are the items in your kikat kit?
From top to bottom:
1. Jones New York Mini Brush Set (Issa says: I like that its portable and holds the most essential mini-brushes)
2. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
3. Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
4. Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer in Light
5. Bobbi Brown corrector in Bisque (Issa says: This is my little miracle worker, Bobbi Brown is a magician. It corrects my under eye skin tone wonderfully.)
6. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara (Issa says: Lashblast is simply awesome, there's a reason why a lot of other make up brands have been imitating its packaging haha. I wish this was readily available here. It lengthens and adds volume without clumping or smudging ;) )
8. Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Mascara
9. Random Sharpener
10. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black Brown
11. Zara Pencil Eyeliner in Tawny
12. Body Shop Pencil Eyeliner in White
13. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine No. 502
14. Cetaphil SPF50 Facial Moisturizer
15. Snapple Lip Juicers Lip Balm (Issa says: I find the Snapple packaging really cute ;))
16. Stila Cheek Color in Dance
17. Bobbi Brown Blush in Pink Clay (Issa says: I like this shade, and it has wonderful pigment so you just need a little bit to last the day. Plus I got it at a bargain diba dear? :))
18. Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation in Natural
Whew! That's a lot right? And I'm sure there are a few items new to your eyes. :) Obviously she loves makeup items that will give life to her eyes. I always remember that every time I need mascara whenever I forgot mine, I always ask Issa cause I'm sure that she brings one with her. :)
Question no. 3: What's your full proof everyday makeup look?
For my everyday makeup, a.k.a my sitting-in-school-the-entire-day-look, I usually put on a bit of HydroSplash BB Cream from The Face Shop as a base/ tinted moisturizer. I like the dewy finish. Then I put on concealer under my eyes and on dark spots; I use the corrector before the concealer on mornings when my under eye area gets really zombie-like. I then put on the Maybelline foundation powder to set it, add blush and a bit of the C.O. Bigelow lipgloss. I do all this as fast as I could since I am usually running late for school. If I have the time, I put on eyeliner, curl my lashes and add a bit of mascara :)
I think Issa really values her concealer and corrector so much. The stress from endless studying can cause breakouts and dark under eye circles, and these items are very handy to cover up.
Question no. 4: What makeup item you can't live without?
I would have to say my C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine. I'm addicted to that delicious minty-ness! And annoyed that its not readily available here. Plus lipgloss instantly dresses up any look.
This is a cult favorite! I'm not sure if you know but this thing can instantly freshen your breath (seriously amazing, plus super yummy). You don't only moisturize your lips but can boost your confidence to speak to someone without worrying about your stinky breath! I have this one too, but my tube has tint. Since Issa has naturally red and luscious lips, she only needs the clear one. Unfortunately, it's not available locally. :|
Question no. 5: What item do you want me to review?
UDPP in Sin. I love love love this and I wish it was available locally. I use it as an eyeshadow base but it works pretty well alone. Gives a slight sheen in a nude shade that instantly highlights the eyes. What do you think of it? ;)
1. Keeps your shadow in place, forever
2. Won't crease your shadow
3. Love the champagne color
4. Can work as eyeshadow too (see what I mean later)
5. A little amount goes a long way
6. Super adorable packaging
1. A bit pricey
2. Not available locally
If not for the price and availability, it's a perfect 5! :) Thanks Issa for letting me experience this item. I'm definitely buying one if ever I have the chance.
Random Makeup Question: Would you rather lose your concealer or your lipstick?
Lipstick. I hardly use lipstick in my day-to-day routine, but concealer is essential coz I'm a med student and I have a lot of sleepless nights, plus the stress sometimes causes breakouts haha ;))
Oh, I also asked her to do a makeup look using the things in her makeup bag... and here's the look she wore:
Here she is wearing the UDPP Sin as eyeshadow.
I super enjoyed raiding Issa's kikay kit like I always do. She's one of my friends who always supported me in my makeup ventures and one thing I'll never forget is the Stila contour palette that she got me from her US trip. Too bad you can't see all of her collection but I hope you enjoyed raiding her makeup kit.
This wraps up the 1st of the many episodes (Glacey Raids Your Kikay Kit) that are yet to come. If you want me to raid your kikay kit, I'd be very happy to do it.
What items did you find interesting in her kit? Do you want me to review that product as well? Tell me what you think. :)