Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's O'facial'!

I know, I know! Title sounds really corny but what can I do, this Ateneo College Glee Club humor is so contagious. LOL Anyway, you basically know now what this post is all about. And yes, another product reviews! Woot woot!

In my Laneige post, I talked about the importance of skin care and prepping one's face before putting on makeup. Today, I'm gonna talk about the products I've been using to prep, cover and cleanse my skin.



1. Nivea Visage Control Shine! Mattifying Gel Cream

This product is suppose to keep your skin matt and oil-free all-day but keeping it hydrated at the same time. I got this product from a friend who has oily skin. She bought this product, hoping that this will keep her oil-free but sadly, it gave her breakouts. So instead of throwing it away, she gave it to me and check how it will work on me. So here's my review:



PROs:
  • It is mattifying
  • Very hydrating too
  • Feels smooth and light
  • I love the smell, very refreshing
  • It actually made my makeup stay longer
  • Cute packaging
  • Affordable (Retail Price is $9.68)
CONs:
  • It is mattifying but for only a few hours
  • Did not keep me oil-free
  • Not available locally
  • IT BROKE ME OUT :(

It's not bad at all but it broke me out. But I'm not gonna throw it away because who knows, it may actually work on my clients. Overall verdict, 3.75!

2. GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer

If you're not familiar with the brand, GOSH is a Denmark-based cosmetics company.And yes! This is another hand me down product by the same person who gave me item no.1 (Hello roomie!). I've seen a few GOSH signage while we were in Europe but I didn't had the chance to check it out. This product is a makeup base that should make your skin feel matt and velvety by filling in the fine lines and pores. It kinda looks like Smashbox's Photo-finish Foundation Primer but I'm not really sure if they have work the same because I've only tried Smasbox's once. Anyway, here's what I think about the product:



PROs:
  • It feels really light
  • It makes my foundation application easier and smoother
  • I love how it makes me skin really velvety (I swear you should try it)
  • Staying power for my makeup is longer and foundation doesn't slide-off easily
  • No offensive smell
  • Affordable and definitely worth it
CONs:
  • Errr...again, not available locally
  • The pump leaks a bit
I love this primer and I would re-purchase this! But then again, it's not available locally. :( Overall rating: 4.5!


3. Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

Remember the Revlon loot bag that I mentioned in my previous post? This foundation is part of that sponsored bag. I'm just so happy and lucky to get free makeup products from different people. Anyway, on to the review! I know a lot of people have been raving about this product and there are tons of reviews out there but let me share my own opinion.

If you want coverage with an airbrushed finish, this is the product for you. It makes you look flawless without appearing overdone. It has tiny shimmering specks that will add more glow to your skin. So here's what I think of the product:



PROs:
  • Feels lightweight
  • Gives a dewy finish
  • You'll look poreless
  • Packaging is just amazing (especially the pump) except the cover
  • Affordable (free in my case :D)
CONs:
  • Not recommended for people with oily skin
  • The tiny shimmering specks may break out someone with sensitive skin

Love this foundation! The airbrush finish is really the best thing about this product! And yes, would definitely re-purchase this in different shades. My overall verdict: a 4.5!
4. MAC Fix+

This product is for someone who wants their makeup to last all day. I've been hearing a lot of good things about this product so I want see it myself. MAC website says that this fixer is infused with vitamins and minerals to keep your skin hydrated and energized. So it's not only a fixer but also a product that will feed your skin. You can also use this product to intensify pigments by wetting your brush with this product instead of using just water.



PROs:
  • I used this after makeup application and it did made it stay longer
  • Skin looks more dewy and feels hydrated
  • Cute packaging, no cap needed
  • Smells good
CONs:
  • Nothing much but I think that this is not a must-have
I'm not really in love with this product but I like it. It's not something that I would use daily but still purchase it. My overall score: 4.5!

5. Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk

I purchased the small bottle in Sephora along Champs-Élysées, Paris. And that place is indeed a paradise. It's the biggest Sephora I've ever seen!

There were so many products in the store but I decided to buy this because I want to try a different makeup remover aside from my Pond's Cold Cream, which is my favorite. This product removes makeup frm your face and eyes and contains HydroSenn++ that's suppose to make your skin softer. What I would normally do is put a small amount on my fingers and massage it on my face giving more attention to my eyes then wiping it off with cotton pads. See what I think about this product.



PROs:
  • Removes makeup effectively
  • Smells really lovely
  • Leaves a refreshing feeling
  • Makes my skin soft
CONs:
  • Stings a bit
  • Again, so sorry to say but it's not available locally
I want this product but it's not as effective as Pond's Cold Cream. However, the other benefits you get from it compensates. So yes, I would definitely purchase this again! But for some weird reason, I can't find it on Sephora's website. Hmm. Overall, it's a 4.5!

I've heard a lot of MUAs saying that you should invest on makeup products that you directly put on your face like foundation, primer and makeup remover. In fact, no matter how pigmented or how much coverage they can give, if it breaks you it, then it's useless. Yes, you have to experiment but once you once that product that works for you, it will totally be worth it.

I realized that I need to review more products that are locally available. I will! I promise! But for now, this is what I did and I hope this post is informative and helpful.

What are your favorite face products? Would love to hear yours! :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. hi =) i think you should try the HUMAN HEART NATURE PRODUCTS it is locally made here in the Philippines and they're ORGANIC. hope you could do a review on their make up remover and their make up line..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Definitely! I already tried a few products from Human Nature and liked it. Thank you for your suggestion. I'll buy a few items and post my review soon. Hope you watch out for it. :)

    ReplyDelete