Friday, January 13, 2012

I ♥ Matte (NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review)


Who's a fan of Matte Lipsticks? I am! I just really love how dainty matte lipstick looks, not to mention, it's staying power. However, the thing we hate about it? It's drying and causes chapping of the lips. And we all know that chapped lips is a NO NO! It doesn't only look unpleasant but it also hurts especially when the weather is not helping.

Good news! A lot of makeup brands have launched lip products with matte finish but keep the lips moisturized. One of which is NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream.

"Neither lipstick nor lip gloss—this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing."





I got Addis Ababa since I was going crazy for hot pink lipsticks when I bought it. And true enough, it is very easy to apply because of its creamy texture. But after a while, the finish becomes soft matte. Staying power is definitely long(I even had my Siesta and woke up with the color still intact) Plus, it didn't dry my lips at all! What more can you ask for? It comes in a small tube with a doe foot applicator that's very handy and can fit any vanity kit.



This is how it looks on my lips. I applied two layers of the product. As you can see, it's a bit sheer compared to other matte lipsticks.

without flash
with flash
PROS:
1. Vibrant Color is buildable
2. Staying Power
3. Still moisturizing
4. Easy to apply (very creamy)
5. Won't chap or dry you lips
6. Very affordable (Php 250, price may depend on the reseller)
7. Smells/Tastes like marshmallow/vanilla ice cream
8. Locally available (online stores)

CONs:
1. Not as opaque as other matte lipsticks

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

I'm definitely purchasing other colors. They say the nude ones are also pretty on the lips.

It's a must for a every girl to have at least one matte lipstick especially for daily use because it's long lasting and very pigmented. The trick is to get the one with moisturizing ingredients to avoid cracked lips. Also, make sure taht your lips are smooth to begin with before application. Below are some helpful tips when using matte lipsticks.

1. EXFOLIATE - Always ensure that lips are free of dead skin cells. It doesn't have to be expensive and costly. My full proof method of exfoliating is using my tooth brush. After brushing my teeth and washing my brush, I gently brush my lips to remove the dead skin cells. For those who are not comfortable with this method, you can try mixing brown sugar and honey as scrub. It's organic plus the honey acts as moisturizer and balm to keep your lips healthy. But if you want a lip scrub product, try checking out Tony Moly and LUSH.

2. MOISTURIZE - Just like our face, lips should be moisturized as well. Because of it's very thin layer of skin, it's best to use balms for a stronger moisturizing formula. I would personally recommend Blistex Lip Tone (Click here for a short review). They say that EOS is really good (haven't tried it though) as well as other known brands like Carmex, Burt's Bees, Kiehl's and Vaseline.

3. REMOVE - Girls often neglect to remove their lipsticks at night. Take note that it's also makeup! Keeping your lipstick on will attract dirt on your lips that may cause allergic reaction. 

That ends my product review! Hope this encouraged you girls to try out matte lipsticks!

Comments? Suggestions? List them down below. :)

Follow me on Twitter or GFC!

No comments:

Post a Comment